Tangy Dill Dressing

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on November 11, 2011

I’ve gone into another pickle craze.

It happens every couple of months and has proven to be extra awesome when you have an entire shelf of homemade pickles in your basement.

Gosh, making my own pickles has to be one of the best ideas I’ve ever had.

Adding pickles to salad dressing?

Another fabulous idea.

[print_this]

Tangy Dill Dressing

Vegan (option), Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free, Grain free

Low-fat dill salad dressing with ground pickles!

Yield: 3/4 cup

Servings: 12

• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1.5 tbsp dried dill weed
  • 1 tbsp gluten-free mustard
  • 1 tbsp unpasteurized honey *see note
  • 1 tbsp red onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 tsp Himalayan rock salt
  • 1 homemade pickle
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.

Will keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for one week.

note: to make vegan, remove honey and add 1 pitted medjool date.

calories: 49 | fat: 4g | carbohydrate: 2g | fiber: 0g | sugars: 1.6g | protein: 0.2g

[/print_this]

[source]

It’s Remembrance day here in Canada today.

This day holds a special place in my heart. It’s a time that our country has set aside so we can be thankful for all the souls that fought for us in World War I, and it’s also the day that Kevin told me he loved me, all those years ago.

What better way to be thankful for our beautiful country than to celebrate our love for one another, right?

Opening myself up to another person after years of personal battles, has proven to be one of the scariest things I’ve ever done.

But there was just something about this man that intrigued me – the way he looked out for me, didn’t judge me, supported me, and made me laugh – was so different from anything I’d ever experienced.

I’m proud of myself for letting my guard down and believing that I deserve happiness.

I’m just about to head downstairs to the kitchen to make us some Baked Coconut Cream French Toast for breakfast (Kevin’s absolute favorite),

and Kevin has a romantic dinner planned for us at vintage chophouse tonight. I wonder if they serve their steak with pickles? jk jk

What are your weekend plans?

Aine @ Something to Chew Over

A date like that must make remembering easy :) Congrats!

I bet your dressing would be great in a chicken salad sandwich.

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan

I go through pickle phases too…that dressing would definetely feed the craving!

I’m not a big pickle person, but I do like dill, as in the herb, mixed into dips and dressings. Sounds like you’ve got a fun night planned! On my agenda is going to see the new Adam Sandler movie, Jack & Jill, meeting up with a friend for dinner, and getting a start on my Christmas shopping!

Preserved and Pickles

What a great way to use a pickle! I’m always looking for different ways to use the dill pickles I put by. This is going in my recipe file. Thanks for sharing!

Jamie Walker

Thanks for posting this dill recipe- I have all this fresh dill and no clue what to do with it!

katie @KatieDid

I go through crunchy dill pickle phases every so often, but I definetely have to be in the mood. Have a fun date night!!

Kathy

It’s also 11.11.11 today too ^^
I read somewhere that this happens once in 100 years…? Ooh, it must be cool to be born on 11.11.11 too, haha.
That dressing looks divine, and fresh!

the Baked Coconut Cream French Toast looks amazing & very impressed at how CREAMY this dressing looks…yum!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)

Oh Leanne, that is really such a great thing to remember! I know how you feel about finding someone like that. I have the same thing with Tony and he is the only person that has ever helped me feel comfortable enough to just be me. Enjoy your dinner and your time with Kevin!

The Teenage Taste

Awww! Have a great time tonight, Leanne! :-D

Simone (Simple Healthy Homemade)

Hahaha, I have pickle phases too. Sometimes people ask me if I am pregnant, wanting pickles at odd hours and all :) Have to try that dressing as soon as I am back in town after this week end. We have a romantic dinner planned as well. I should say he has it planned, he’s real secretive about where he’ll take me. I can’t wait, he know all these unbelievable spots in NYC that you would never be able to find unless you know they are there…

I hope you had a great evening, Simone :)

Cara

This dressing seriously sounds right up my alley! I think I just dribbled on my shirt too–it’s actually making my mouth water :)

Charlotte

How sweet! You make such a beautiful couple :) Hope you enjoyed your date night!

And this recipe looks delish–must try! XOXO