Green Godessphere Dressing

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on September 18, 2011

Kevin and I had quite the jam-packed day yesterday.

We headed to fabric land,

the local antique store,

home depot,

and the mall. All in the name of finding some new things for my food photos.

I think the antique store was my favorite, it was like an interactive museum!

We got home, took the puppies for a walk, and filled our bellies with this amazing salad. My gosh, I could live off this dressing. It light, tangy, and combines with so many different flavors.

It’s like ranch dressing hit by a tall, garden goddess… if that makes any sense.

[print_this]

Green Godessphere Dressing

Vegan (option), Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free

Something about having a big green salad daily makes me feel strong, confident, and goddess-like. This green filled dressing is light, tangy, and full of flavor. With just 50 calories a serving and 5 grams of fat, you’ll be pumping up your greens intake in no time.

Yield: 2 cups salad dressing, 32 servings.

• 1 cup canola mayonnaise, or bean mayo to make vegan
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley
  • 3 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp freeze-dried chives
  • 1 tsp dill weed
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp herbamare
  • 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper

1. Place sunflower seeds and water in your blender and process until sunflower seeds have been pulverized (I know, not very goddess of me).
  2. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
  3. Place dressing in an air tight container. Keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks.

[/print_this]

We combined the dressing with a salad of mixed greens, shredded beets, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, and fresh homemade sprouts.

After our amazing dinner; and before we began staining endless pieces of wood, we decided to take some headshots for the blog…

I decided on this one for my introduction picture. We were done the shoot and I had rushed to put a ponytail in my hair when Kevin yelled “Wait! Hold that pose!”

And of course… Leanne in front of a camera wouldn’t be complete without loads of goofy faces.

What fun things did you do yesterday?

Cute pics!! I love that I can see your tat peering out in some of them.

And when I saw those other pics show up on Instagram, I wished I was shopping with you :)

Meg (A Dash of Meg)

You are SO cute :) <3 Love all the pics :)

Yesterday I didn't take goofy pics like you, but it was a good day :) The fun part? Making new recipes :) Best part? Tea date with my Dad.

Have a lovely Sunday Leanne!

Yolanda

I really enjoyed the pictures of yourself, you are so beautiful! by the way, think I’m going to try my hand at running a half in the EARLY spring of 2012. oh my gosh…did I really just say that??? :-)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over

Yum, that sounds like such tangy and fresh-tasting dressing!

Gorgeous pics :)

EA-The Spicy RD

I had to check this recipe out…Who can resist Green Godessphere Dressing?? Looks delicious, and I love the container too! Fun photos :-). Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)

I LOVE those pictures of you! Nice tattoo lady! We are huge fans of antique stores. Tony and I spend hours walking around playing with all the old things! The dressing sounds amazing. I need to start making some dressings. I haven’t done that in so long.

The last picture of you is too cute! :)

Kristina @ spabettie

LOVE the new photo!

can’t wait to see the new accessories in your photos! Jason and I did the same thing last weekend – went to home dept, goodwill and my favorite antique store :D

leslie

Delicious dressing! Love the photos and your tat peeking out!

Becki

Looks like a delicious dressing – I know what you mean about feeling like you can take on the world after certain salads. I find beets, sweetcorn and chickpeas in any salad make me unleash my inner grrr!

Lovely photos, looks like you have quite the setup!

Ian

Agreed!! I’ve been helping my local pub bistro with ideas for their new salad bar. Searching (and inventing) salad recipes is so addictive. I made one for dinner a couple of nights ago (fresh rice paper rolls): julienned all: carrot, snow peas, spring onions, cucumber, capsicum (bell pepper), 5-spice tofu; garlic chives cut to length, fresh coriander, snow pea tendrils, roughly torn iceberg lettuce, rollup in soaked rice paper with a splash of sweet chili sauce (didn’t have dipping sauce on hand). Served with cooked prawns (shrimp) for dinner. Leftover salad the next day for lunch with a splash of red wine vinegar. The flavours, colour and textures are so good together – every mouthful an adventure. PS. Don’t add dressing to salad and keeps overnight in fridge.

That sounds delicious!

Beth Michelle

Love your photos, so cute!! This dressing sounds awesome. We eat a ton of salad, I will have to try this.

(what runs) Lori

OMG I love this! lol The pics are super cute and I love that you have a photo studio in your house! (note to self: MAKE THAT AREA). :)

I’ve been hitting up (or hit up in the past) Marshall’s and TJ Max and such places for plating dishes, fabric, etc. Not a ton of luck but I’m sure Home Depot/fabric stores and other places have tons of things.

Oh and this dressing is what I’m making tonight! It sounds delicious!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.

This dressing sounds so good!! And your new pictures are too cute!

Liz @ Southern Charm

This dressing looks so amazing, cool and fresh. I will be making some and stat!

The Elegant Eggplant

Gorgeous pics!!! And I love the look of this dressing. I personally don’t like bottled salad dressings, so always looking for new dressing recipes besides my trusty balsamic vinaigrette. Thanks!! :)

Dee Dee's Delights

Congrats on top 9! This is indeed an awsome recipe!

Christine

Congrats on Foodbuzz top 9!

Janet

What is “herbamare”? Not familiar with it. I can’t wait to try the dressing.

Herbamare is a flavored sea salt. You can purchase it many grocery and health food stores. Good luck!

Lori Lynn

Love the name! Sounds delicious!
LL

char @ char on a mission

Hehe…I like the scary monster in the background – it’s funny that you pointed that out ;)

Elizabeth

Hi Leann,
Thanks for the recommendations (so quickly I might add).
You are soooooo awesome.