Thank you for your supportive comments yesterday. Not only was the carrot cake loaf fun to photograph, but it’s also been great to have with me while I recover from this darn flu-bug! As some of you pointed out, satisfaction + happiness does strengthen our immunity!
One of the girls in the neighborhood I grew up in liked to change her words around. She could say them normally, but she chose to change words thinking it was a cute way to speak.
“Yellow” was “lellow”
“Really” was “willy”
“Love” was “wuv”
… I could go on, but you get the idea.
My mom swore she was a bad influence on my sister and I. Not because she was wild, stayed up late, or was rude to her parents, but because she did this word change to every darn word out there.
I remember the first time; sitting at the kitchen table with my family, when my little sister said “Mom, this willy is the best oatmeal ever! I wuv you.”
I’d like to believe that this word changing habit influenced my parents’ decision to move us to a completely different city. My parents swear it had nothing to do with it, but if you would have seen my mom’s reaction that day when my sister said those words… you’d believe it too.
this granola willy is vanilly!
Willy Vanilly [Protein] Granola
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Corn free, Yeast free
Jam packed with vanilla, flax seed, protein powder and healthy oils.
- 1 1/2 cups uncontaminated rolled oats – don’t use instant!
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon maple mystery butter or almond butter + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoon vanilla protein powder *see note
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract vanilla
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and pour into dry ingredients. Stir to coat before dropping onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes being sure to stir halfway through to prevent burning.
Makes 3.5 cups of granola.
note: how much protein powder you add depends on how much you like your protein powder. I love my sprouted vanilla powder, so adding 2 tablespoon was no problem at all!
Did you have a large group of friends on your block?
YES! There were kids everywhere in our small town. There were 14 of us in our culdesac alone. Many a grounders game was played.
Were you a word changer as a kid or knew anyone that was?
What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
Now that I’ve moved on from grounders [although I’d be totally game to play it again] running outside is my favorite. I plan to do it tonight!