I’m just about to head to the gym for a 60 min swim + 45 min run + stretch/core. Woot!
Tomorrow is my rest day. Words cannot express how giddy I am.
Another thing that makes me equally as giddy?
glass dharma straws.
Gail over at glass dharma was kind enough to send me a sample of their handmade glass straws and I’ve spent the last week testing them out. Boy, I’m in love!
I don’t exactly know what I was expecting, but it sure wasn’t this!
It’s evident that glass dharma puts a lot of thought and care into their brand and presentation. Look at how beautiful the packaging is!
I received 4 straws in total [in order of the picture above]:
- Extra long 9.5mm x 10″. They say it’s the perfect straw for mojitos so when the opportunity arises I know what straw to grab. In the meantime though I did enjoy this straw in my mineral water + juice concoction last night.
- “Decorative Dots” amber straw that’s 7mm x 6.25″. I’ve loved using this one with the small glass of chocolate almond milk I drink while Kevin and I watch movies.
- Bendy straw! [aka “Beautiful Bends”] it’s 12mm x 9 ” in size and is my favorite out of all of them. I was the kid that went bonkers for the bendy straws at birthday parties so this is quite the treat.
- “Decorative Dots” red straw that’s 9.5mm x 9 “. It’s a perfect size. I cannot believe there are 2 sizes up from this one. It’s just right for my morning smoothies and is just so darn beautiful!
What I love about glass dharma’s products is
- Lifetime guarantee. If your straw breaks, glass dharma will replace it for free! Even for a klutz like me!
- Easy to clean. At an additional cost, each straw can come with a matching brush. Hypothetically if I were to leave my smoothie cup on my desk all day and night and day again… the straw would still be easy to clean!
- Hot and cold drinks. Have you ever wanted to drink your tea out of a straw? I did on Wednesday, and it was awesome.
- Plastic free. The less plastic in our lives the better, especially when it comes to the plastics around our food.
- Good to the environment.We [used to] go through so many disposable straws with our somewhat daily coconut dessert smoothies [Kevin refuses to drink smoothies without straws]. We’ve completely slashed our impact on the environment. Every little bit counts!
I can’t wait to make more smoothies and drinks featuring these straws! They were so fun to shoot.
*All of the opinions above are my own and were not influenced by glass dharma*
Sleepy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free
What’s better than eating a muffin? DRINKING a muffin! All measuring and preparation is done the night before you enjoy this delectable breakfast so you can still start your day off right and get to sleep in for a couple of minutes.
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries [fresh or frozen]
- 2 tablespoon uncontaminated regular oats – alternatively you can use packaged gluten free oatmeal, gluten free granola, or quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder – I used Manitoba Harvest [more on my review of their chocolate + vanilla protein powders tomorrow]
- 1 tablespoon chia
To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance
- Night before: combine all ingredients [but the blueberries] in a glass or plastic container. Stir to combine and place in fridge.
- Morning: pour contents of container into blender, add blueberries and blend until smooth.
Nutrition stats: calories 282; fat 11g; carbohydrates 25g; dietary fiber 12g; sugars 7g; protein 9g
I just love preparing my breakfast the night before. It makes life so much easier.
What activities do you have planned for today?
Kevin and I are going to make chicken teriyaki sushi tonight for dinner. Pretty excited about it!