It was so great to read all of your comments on Tuesdays post! It’s amazing how many of us struggle with digestive issues.
So, I thought what better way to kick off today’s post than with a couple more entries from my digestive healing plan:
- Take 2 digestive enzymes with every meal.
- Fill up on fiber [apples and berries work nice].
- Walk 30minutes a day at lunch time. I was SO surprised at what physical activity did to my digestion!
- Digestion connection time. This may sound odd to some, but I spent a lot of time connecting to my digestion, massaging my stomach, and sending it positive vibes.
- No more water with meals. This was a tricky one, but I’ve mastered it! Drinking water with meals dilutes the acids and enzymes needed to digest your food.
- Soaking my nuts and seeds. Helped avoid the gut wrenching pain I would get an hour after eating raw nuts or seeds.
I could go on for days and days about this stuff but I will stop here… for now.
I’ve really enjoyed the recipe selection this week.
It only made sense that we throw a smoothie in the mix for good measure.
And can I say that this is one scrumptious breakfast? You can prepare it the night before, cutting precious moments off your morning routine. Like we did with this smoothie.
- 1 cup juice* – I used Happy Planet pomegranate blueberry bash
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted pistachios, shelled
- ¼ cup yogurt* – I used Liberte organic plain yogurt
- ¾ cup frozen mixed berries
- To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance so the chia seeds can soak up the liquid.
- Combine all ingredients but mixed berries in a glass container [I used a 500mL mason jar]. Seal with lid, shake to combine and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour the contents of the container into your blender, add berries, and pulse until smooth.
This smoothie can be made vegan and dairy free by using a non-dairy yogurt
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
In other news, Gail over at Glass Dharma sent me the most amazing package of beautiful glass straws!
I cannot wait to try them out this weekend and let you know what I think + share another smoothie recipe with you.
What smoothie recipe should we try out next, any suggestions?