I can’t believe a month has past since I started working with my running coach.
Oh how time flies when you’re
not having fun. I kid.
Even though there are days where I feel like nothing has improved, deep down I know that I have made huge progress since starting this journey in August.
haha I remember my first run – I was out of breath within 30 seconds and had to walk most of the way. But my breathing got better and my endurance increased, all because I stuck with it.
I’m so happy I never gave up. Granted there have been moments, but I’ve pushed through them [with the help of all of you!].
And now, I’m ready for a 10k…
April 10th baby, ya!
My 18 year old self is staring at me with her mouth wide open, in shock. Eat it up girl! We’re doing this.
Coconut Curry Socca Crackers
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free
These crackers make for a great snack, salad topper, or dip scooper.
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch ginger powder
- pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, water, olive oil and garlic to the flour mixture and stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, pushing the mixture to the sides so that it’s evenly spread across the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dough begins to crack and corners brown.
- Remove from the oven and slide the dough to a cutting board. Cut dough into desired cracker size.
- Place cut crackers on a cookie sheet [I used a pizza pan and it worked perfectly!] and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes, flip and bake for another 4-6 minutes. Watch them closely so they don’t burn!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Makes 35-40 crackers.
I’ve updated my workouts page with my next 30 day plan [all my old plans can be found here]and have added a couple of the core, strength, and hip exercises that I’ve been using.
Are you planning on working out today? If so, whatcha doing?
Are you a curry fan?