I love pureeing because:
- Pureed foods share healthful commonalities with smoothies.
- Pureed soups warm you up quickly.
- Almost anything you puree tastes fantastic and is easy to make.
- You can freeze pureed foods and eat them later.
- I have a vitamix. I know, you can puree with other blenders, but the vitamix makes me want to just do it more.
…What’s not to love?
Rib Sticking Cream of Potato Dill Soup
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free
It’s a rib sticking good time! Instantly gratifying, this soup will keep you full for hours. Garnish with bacon bits, cheddar cheese, croutons, or dill to enhance the presentation of this meal in a bowl!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed – do not peel!
- 2 cups unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Add onion and leek, sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes, almond milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fresh dill during the last 5 minutes or cooking.
- Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 cups.
What is your favorite kind of soup? Why?