If you follow me on Twitter, than you may have caught a couple of my updates on the count of frozen Christmas meals we have in our freezer.
You probably have better things to do than to count the days since last Christmas, so trust me when I say it was 63 days ago.
63 days and 12 dinners down. I think we’re in pretty good shape.
Now that we’re left with just 5, our freezer finally has room for some extra goodies!
I’ll have no problem filling it up again, trust me.
But I am sad to see the turkey go :*( Good thing Easter is just around the corner!
This go around though, I don’t know if I’ll make another 30lb bird :S
Before I begin telling you about the best brownies you’ll ever have in your entire life…
Stefanie over at The New Healthy is hosting a giveaway this week. Go check it out! And even if you don’t win, you should visit her daily because she’s fantastic and you’ll love her blog. I promise.
On with the eats…
Has it really been since February 3? Ugh.
5 tries and and 2 jars of coconut oil later, I finally met perfection.
Hold on to your pants, this is a gooder.
Banana Brownie Sandwiches
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free
Heavily loaded with chocolate, these banana filled sandwiches will have you singing for more.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups fine ground almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs [2 tbsp freshly ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water]
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the flax seeds with 6 Tbsp of water, set aside.
- In a double boiler or a bowl set atop a pot of gently simmering water, melt the coconut oil, then add cacao powder, vanilla, and agave. Stir until combined, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir to incorporate. Add flax egg mixture.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared baking pan, top with sliced bananas, placing them closely together, row by row, and pour the remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes[mine took 37 minutes], or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour.
Makes 16 brownies.
What’s in your freezer?
Do you have a chest sized freezer? Or do you make do with the one attached to your fridge? We use the small freezer attached to our fridge. It deters me from going nuts and buying half a cow or 2 tons of almond flour.