I get strong urges for vegetables, usually once a day. When the craving comes I cannot think of anything else.
In the winter I usually crave potatoes, squashes, roasted veg, but today I wanted a BIG salad, and I wanted it now!
We keep olive oil and vinegar on hand for these moments, but I wanted something creamy, high in protein, loaded with fiber, and something that could be whipped up in under 2 minutes.
Cashew Caesar Dressing
Dairy free, Gluten free, Vegan, Yeast free
A nutritional yeast free Caesar dressing! If you know someone who is sensitive to yeast, this dressing is for them!
- 1 clove garlic OR 1/2 onion
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon herbamare
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon braggs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk, or a non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Drizzle over salad [mine was made up of baby romaine, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes and cucumbers]
- Will store in the fridge for up to 7 days
Makes 2 cups
Will keep in the fridge for 7 days
I found that the dressing thickened up a bit after it sat for awhile. While the initial amount of almond milk is perfect for your first salad, if you’re preparing this ahead of time you can add 1/4 cup of extra almond milk.