Quantum Leaps Lodge: a great place to recharge
Golden BC is such a beautiful and relaxing place! We’re staying at Quantum Leaps Lodge, a 15-20 minute drive from the town, surrounded by lush forest and situated right on the river. Each of the cabins on the property have been made by hand with an amazing attention to detail. Each have a different look and feel and blend into the properties surroundings beautifully.
The people in Golden are friendly, adventurous and very health conscious. Activities like snow shoeing, cross-country skiing and hiking are popular but not crowded and overwhelming. It has truly been an amazing holiday and it couldn’t have come at a better time.
On with the eats
These roasted vegetables have been a huge hit this week. The recipe makes so much that we ended up taking them along on our many travels and trying them a couple of ways. Stay tuned tomorrow for crunchy chicken strips and roasted vegetable mash.
Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Marinade
Roasted vegetables are a fantastic way to enjoy your veggies in the winter months. Adding a soothing marinade with tumeric and coriander adds to the warmth of this dish. Try playing around with the vegetables to match your preference. Zucchini, parsnips, beets, or garlic would work well.
- 1.5 turnips
- 1 yam
- 1 red onion
- 2 purple potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Braggs sea kelp seasoning
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parlsey
- Dash of Herbamare
- Cut vegetables into small cubes and place in a large bowl
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and spices in a small bowl. Once mixed, pour onto vegetables
- Stir vegetables to coat in marinade and let sit for a maximum of 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 400F, place vegetables on baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Serve sprinkled with Herbamare
Great served with leftover Christmas turkey, dropped over a salad or enjoy on its own like we did!
Makes 6-8 servings