Quinoa and Kale Pilaf
A great warm you up dish for a cold day.
|1 cup||quinoa, rinsed|
|1 Tbsp||coconut oil|
|1/2 cup||red onions, diced|
|2 ½ cups||water|
|1/4 tsp||sea salt|
|1/2 cup||celery, raw|
|1 Tbsp||oregano, fresh|
|1 tsp||thyme, fresh|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
|1/4 cup||pine nuts, raw|
|braggs, to taste|
- Place rinsed quinoa & amaranth in cast iron pan over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the pan frequently to move the quinoa around. Cook until the quinoa becomes golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and sauté until brown. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add quinoa and sauté for a minute. Add all remaining ingredients except for celery and pine nuts.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the celery, mix well, cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir pine nuts into pilaf before serving.
- Braggs can be added to everyone’s servings individually (I really liked it with the Braggs!)