T minus 10 days until Christmas and I’m not even close to being ready…
- We’ve decided to give everyone Christmas blondies in a mason jar (thanks Angela!) So that eliminates the need for me to brave the malls. However, I still need to spend a couple hours putting the jars together…
- Our house is not decorated yet. We have outdoor lights though, so there’s something!
- Our menus for Christmas Eve and Day are planned. BONUS!
- I haven’t put any time into planning the Christmas Day dinner table. A Michael’s craft run is in order
- Christmas Eve ginger bread house materials have not been purchased
But, through all this un-planning there is a silver lining: our Boxing Day vacation get away is lined up and ready to go. What’s better than a cabin rental in Golden, BC with XC skiing, wolf watching, and snow shoeing? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I close my eyes real tight I can pretend I’m there right this moment and forget about all the things I need to do just for a second. Ah…
What are your vacation plans for Christmas?
Apple and rice stuffing
Inspired by Eat Clean Diet
|1 ½ cup||rice (precooked as per package directions in 2 cups apple juice, 1 cup water)|
|1 Tbsp||coconut oil|
|1 cup||brussel sprouts|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2||carrots, peeled and chopped|
|2 cups||celery, diced|
|1/3 cup||quinoa flakes|
|½ cup||dried cranberries|
|¼ cup||almond, smashed|
|¼ cup||sunflower seeds|
|½ tsp||poultry seasoning|
- Melt coconut oil in pan
- Add all veggies and fruit (except cranberries) and cook until crisp, not soggy.
- Add in rice, quinoa flakes, cranberries, almonds, seeds, and seasoning.
- Toss and stuff in the bird
- Any leftovers can be placed in the oven in a casserole dish for 30-40 minutes on 350F