Chocolate and Pomegranate Mousse
Author: Leanne Vogel
Recipe type: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, Paleo, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dairy-free and vegan mousse made with coconut oil, melted chocolate and coconut milk.
- Place chocolate in sauce pan and heat on low, stirring often
- Once completely melted, add coconut milk and coconut oil
- Continue to stir on medium-low heat for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, let cool and place in fridge in glass bowl for 1-2 hours
- Remove from fridge
- Add seeds of pomegranate to chilled chocolate and stir
You can either serve this heated as a vegan chocolate fondue (minus the pomegranate) or chilled and made into a velvety mousse. By adding 1 tablespoon nut butter for every 1 tablespoon chocolate mousse, it also makes a great alternative to store bought chocolate/nut butter!
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)